Monday, July 16, 2012

Again, tell me why I don't like Mondays?

The silicon chip inside my head was definitely not switched to overload. In fact, it was more like in sleep mode. And I certainly didn't make anybody stay home from school today. Nor did I hole up in a suburban house and shoot randomly at people in a school. (It's summer anyway. No one's around. It would be rather pointless.)  I did none of the things that would cause Bob Geldof to write a song about me; at least, not today anyway.



But anyway, it is Monday, and a new beginning. I heard an interesting fact that 1/7th of your entire life is spent on Mondays. I find that one hard to dispute. I actually don't dislike Mondays, particularly since I'm not working at Tech Turn any more. I always liked to think of Monday as a new beginning; a clean slate. A chance to go out there and make something happen. A chance to actually earn that ice-cold, frosty Bud Light Chelada at the end of the week, not just drink it gratuitously. (Although I do that, too...) While coping with the stress and ennui of job-seeking, I did manage to bust out 100 push-ups in under five minutes, and took the dogs for a nice run.
One thing I was saddened about, was the death of Deep Purple keyboardist extraordinaire, Jon Lord. He passed away at 71 today from a long battle with pancreatic cancer. Here's one of his most amazing solos:

So, anway. RIP, Jon, and thanks for being a rock legend. If I were to hate Mondays, this would be a good one to hate, for sure. Luckily, I don't. I'll celebrate this Monday as I celebrate every other Monday. In my pajamas, with my dogs, and maybe a nice BL Chelada for a nightcap
Hasta tamale, everyone!

No comments: