Thursday, August 09, 2012

A quick one, for some holy venting...

Here goes, as I'm dead-tired, and not inspired (cool rhyme!).  OK, ready? I love Jesus, but Christians are starting to piss me off. I've recently been on the receiving end of some judgment by other Christians--you know, the kind of judgment that makes the rest of the world hate us, and turns away more people than brings in to the Kingdom of God... Yeah, that kind of judgment. I've been getting some at my church (and I love my church) about my female roommates. No one's business. Keep your noses out of it. Then today, I had a lady at this other church I was visiting, sit there and preach to me; acting like I've never heard of Jesus. I told her I've been saved for many, many years. She told me I need to pray. I said I pray every day. She asked me how I pray. I told her. On and on. She was relentless, and had an attitude like I was some heathen pretender to the Kingdom. I understand she meant well. I understand that the Great Commission is that we go out and preach to everyone. I get it. I'm not at all the preachiest guy around, and when I do meet another Christian, I don't test their faith, and ask twenty grilling questions to see if they measure up to my standard of Christianity. This lady (whom I'd never met before) put out all kinds of assumptions about me. She asked me what kind of work I do. I told her film and TV, but for the moment I have a sales job. She told me that the sales occupation is very greedy. Oy, vey! This broad really tried my patience!
So, in closing, I really believe these highly-judgmental Christians do more of a disservice to God's Kingdom than a benefit. Jesus said to love one another, not judge one another. He also said "judge not, lest you be yourself judged" (Matthew 7:1) So all you hyper-religious, overly-judgmental Christians, please keep this in mind--we have an enemy walking the earth. The Bible calls him, "The Enemy" or, Satan. You don't need to be attacking other Christians, they're on your side!  Please, back off. Love ya...

1 comment: